His Royal Highness Prince Maurits of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven is the patron of the SAIL Amsterdam Foundation. Prince Maurits has a great affinity with SAIL Amsterdam events, stemming from his background and broad nautical interests. He previously completed his military service in the Royal Netherlands Navy. Prince Maurits is currently a reserve officer with the Royal Netherlands Navy, holding the rank of Commander, as well as Aide-de-camp to King Willem-Alexander. He also frequently participates in sailing competitions.
Members of the Board of Recommendation
Serving on the Board of Recommendation during SAIL Amsterdam 2015:
- Mrs G. Faber, Mayor of Zaanstad, on behalf of the North Sea Canal municipalities.
- Mrs I. de Graaf, Supervisory Board Delta Lloyd Groep.
- Mr. N. Jue, Director ING.
- Mrs M. Kremer, Director Corporate Marketing, KPN.
- Mr E. van der Laan, Mayor of Amsterdam.
- Mrs D. Meijer, Director Port of Amsterdam.
- Mr J.W. Remkes, the King's Commissioner in the province of Noord-Holland.
- Mr G.J. van der Snoek, CEO Telegraaf Media Groep.
- Mr F. van Steenis, Director Staatsloterij.
- Lieutenant General R. Verkerk, Commander of the Royal Netherlands Navy.
- General Major M. van Uhm, Deputy Commander of the Royal Netherlands Army and Governor of the Capital.