Beloved with many
This ship was built in 1917 in the Netherlands as a cargo ship. For many years she sailed across the oceans and had many different owners. And many names! Her name was Nora, Harlingen, Mowe, Father Gerrit, In Spe, Utskar and last Najaden. Under this name she was rebuilt and used as a training ship for the Stockholm Maritime Academy.
On 30 August 2011, the ship was handed over to Polish sailors in the port of Nynashamn, from where she made her first voyage under the Polish flag. On 8 October 2011 she was baptized in Gdansk as ‘Kapitan Borchardt’ and now sails as a sail training ship with Polish youth. The name was given as a tribute to Karol Olgierd Borchardt, who as a captain has contributed a lot to the further awakening of Polish maritime traditions. Who also became a well-known nautical writer.
Decor of SAIL
SAIL unites the world
Share your favourite moments #SAIL2020
Keep up to date with the latest SAIL news